Baby Blue Salad
MAKES 6 SERVINGS
PREP: 10 MIN
- 3/4 pound mixed salad greens
- Balsamic Vinaigrette to taste
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 oranges, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 1 pint strawberries, quartered
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Sweet-and-Spicy Pecans
Toss greens with Balsamic Vinaigrette and crumbled blue cheese. Place on 6 individual plates.
Arrange orange slices evenly over greens; sprinkle evenly with strawberries and top evenly with
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 large garlic cloves,minced
- 2 small shallots, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
Whisk together first 7 ingredients until blended. Gradually whisk in olive oil.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili power
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
Stir together 1/4 cup sugar and warm water until sugar dissolves. Add pecans, and soak 10 minutes.
Drain discarding syrup. Combine 2 tablespoons sugar,chili power and red pepper. Add pecans,
tossing to coat. Place pecans on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes
or until golden brown, stirring once.