PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 10 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 3/8 cup olive oil
- 1 (6 ounce) can canned crab meat, drained
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 8 ounce buttery round crackers, crushed (Ritz)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
1. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in skillet over high heat. Saute green onions briefly until tender; cool slightly.
2. Combine crab meat, sautéed green onions, egg, mayonnaise, dry mustard, crushed crackers,
cayenne pepper, garlic powder, Old Bay seasoning, salt and pepper to taste. Form into 1/2 inch thick
patties with bread crumbs.
3. Heat 1/2 cup oil in skillet over medium high heat. Cook cakes until golden brown on each side. Drain
briefly on paper towels and serve hot.