Skillet Filets Mignons
MAKES 6 SERVINGS
- 6 (6-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry sherry*
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Garnish: fresh flat-leaf parsley sprigs
Sprinkle beef evenly with salt and freshly ground pepper.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter with oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add steaks, and cook 8
minutes. Turn and cook 5 more minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Remove steaks from
skillet, reserving drippings in pan. Keep steaks warm.
Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in skillet over medium-high heat; add mushrooms, and sauté
3 to 4 minutes. Remove mushrooms from skillet.
Add sherry and cream to skillet; cook, stirring constantly, over high heat 1 to 2 minutes or until
thickened. Stir in mushrooms. Serve mixture over beef; garnish, if desired.
*1/4 cup beef broth may be substituted.