Tomato Florentine Quiche
MAKES 6 to 8 SERVINGS
PREP: 20 MIN
BAKE: 1 HR, STAND: 20 MIN
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can HUNT'S Petite Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 8 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon pesto seasoning or dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 unbaked (9-inch) frozen, deep-dish piecrust
- Garnish: Italian parsley sprig
DRAIN spinach in a wire-mesh strainer, pressing with several paper towels in order to remove excess
water. Set aside.
TOSS together diced tomatoes and Italian-seasoned bread crumbs.
STIR together spinach, eggs, half-and-half, bacon, and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Gently fold in
tomato mixture. Pour mixture into frozen piecrust, and place on baking sheet.
BAKE at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes. Remove from oven, and let stand 20 minutes before cutting.
Garnish if desired.
**1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrust may be substituted. Place in a deep-dish pieplate.